Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I can't promise you that I will bring you all home alive. But this I swear, before you and before Almighty God, that when we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead or alive, we will all come home together. So help me, God.

Last night I watched We Were Soldiers as part of Vietnam week. It stars Mel Gibson and Sam Elliott who go into battle fighting in the Battle of Ia Drang the first major fight by the United States and the VC. I thought this was a good war film because it shows what effect the war had on both the American and North Veitnam home front. I also like that it shows the battle from both the American and VC side. It was very good war film.
Join us next time as we watch John Wayne in The Green Berets.

1 comment:

  1. I like this movie, Mel Gibson's performance was excellent as were so many of the others. It did show both sides to some degree and for this I am glad. Four Georgia men gave their life in this battle. I did not know their families, I mention this from just a observation being as I am from there. Once again, excellent movie, I shed tears every time.

    ReplyDelete