Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I give ya warning, you step foot in Blanco Canyon once more and this country goin' to run red with blood until there ain't one of us left!


I haven't seen The Big Country in a long time. And I'd have to say I enjoyed it very much.The  first thing I like about this film is it's dramatic musical score by Jeromre Moross which was nominated for an Oscar but lost to The old man and the sea by Dimirti Tiomkin.  It also has many great actors who perform brilliantly such as Gregory Peck,Charlton Heston,Jean Simmons,Carroll Baker,Charles Bickford and Burl Ives for which he won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor which he well deserved. This was one of the few times the Academy used it's head. The Big Country is a timeless  classic and a must see for all movie lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment