Monday, August 2, 2010

I don't care what the scoreboard says at the end of the game, in my book we're gonna be winners.


I am having a Gene Hackman fest. My first movie in the fest is Hoosiers. I have seen it before and it is one of my favorite Hackman films and also by far my favorite sports movie. I also picked it first in honor of the late great Dennis Hopper who gives a great performance as an assistant coach along side Hackman and also an acholic trying to overcome his drinking problem well his son plays for the team. The team goes though some challenges and so do some of the players such as Jimmy played by Maris Valainis. But in the end they come though to win and become the state champs. It also has the music which is composed by the great Jerry Goldsmith.

No comments:

Post a Comment