Monday, March 14, 2011

I am not what is called a civilized man, Professor. I have done with society for reasons that seem good to me. Therefore, I do not obey its laws.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is another book by Jules Verne which stars James Mason as captain Nemo a murdering captain who's plan is to get revenge on the humans for the death of his family and also for all their wars. I liked Mason as Nemo. The film was released by Walt Disney.  The film also stars Kirk Douglas, Paul Lukas and Peter Lorre as prisoner's on Nemo's sub which is destroying war ships all over the ocean. I thought it was violent for a Disney film in 1954. The music by Paul Smith adds a lot to the film.  The film was directed by Richard Fleischer who directed such classics as  Soylent Green and Tora! Tora! Tora!. It has been a while scene I'd seen it and I enjoyed watching it again. Here is Kirk singing the classic song Whale of a Tale.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment