Saturday, January 8, 2011

I love the Smell of Naplam in the Morning.



Last night I spent 3  hours of my life watching  Apocalypse Now Redux The extended version of Francis Ford Coppola's 1979 war film which I would have to say is one of the worst war films ever made. There where only a few things I liked about movie. One of them was was when Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore played by Robert Duvall who makes his men go surfing during a battle and also plays Richard Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" over the helicopter to the VC troops. I also enjoyed Dennis Hopper's performance as the crazy photographer. Another good thing was that they played a little bit of "Satisfaction."

 First off it was way to long. It was very slow at times, it barely had Harrison Ford, they killed off a young Laurence Fishburne. It was very strange and confusing and I could not figure out what was going on. One moment they are fighting and getting shot at, then minutes later they are making out with naked women in a playboy helicopter. I did not care for Brando or Sheen. I also thought that the scenes in Brando's hideout were really disgusting. It makes fun of the men that gave there lives by portraying them as drunk, crazy, stupid and ruthless trigger happy killers. The movie acts like the soldiers in Vietnam were just sitting around drinking, smoking, having sex and doing what ever they wanted with no authority. We will finish off the Vietnam Series with another member of the Sheen family his son Charlie in Oliver Stone's Platoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment